Do you want to stay ahead in the IT corporate rat-race? Of course, you do! And you already know that in order to do so you need something extra that not a lot of others possess. That something “extra” is an additional educational qualification related to your field of expertise.
In terms of the IT industry, it helps to have a certification in your competency area. Not only does the certification increase your chances of a promotion or job switch, it also enhances your knowledge comprehensively.
One of India’s more popular entities offering certification courses and exams is Hewlett-Packard (HP). HP is an IT leader that offers certification training in a number of areas, such as Cloud computing, application lifecycle management, enterprise security, networking, storage, and service delivery, among others. HP certifications are in great demand in Indian IT companies and can give you an edge over other IT pros who don’t possess one.
So which HP certification is for you? While preferences vary among individuals one of the most popular and powerful HP certifications is the HP Master Accredited Solutions Expert (ASE) – Data Center and Cloud Architect. Let’s take a look at why this certification is in demand, and the eligibilities and requirements to obtain the HP Master ASE certification.
Why Opt for the HP Master ASE?
The HP Master ASE certification is the highest level of HP career certification. It carries more weight than other HP certification levels, such as the Associate (HP ATA), Professional (HP ATP) or Expert (HP ASE) levels. This level not only helps you learn strong technical skills, but also develops strong business acumen in the IT domain. ASE certification helps you incorporate the skills and expertise required to align your company’s IT solutions to its financial and business goals — a skill increasingly in demand these days.
With ASE certification training, you gain knowledge on an end-to-end basis, helping you add considerably higher value to your business.
Why the Data Center and Cloud Architect Certification?
There is currently a huge paradigm shift towards cloud computing in the IT industry. With this trend, it is likely that your company will soon make a move towards cloud solutions (if it has not already done so). In line with this shift is the fact that there is a dearth of high-level cloud experts with the skills to supervise and lead the implementation of converged infrastructure along with the cloud solution.
For this purpose, enterprises are on the lookout for highly skilled cloud computing professionals. Also, the fact that companies would prefer a permanent employee of their own to take up such a high-responsibility role makes it even more important for you to consider this certification.
If you are successfully certified in the HP Master ASE – Data Center and Cloud Architect V1 exam, you can handle the following responsibilities:
- Lead the data center transformation process in your enterprise.
- Design as well as drive the development, specifications and communication of the architectural plans.
- Be an advisor for relevant technologies and products.
- Devise a strategy for enterprise information across the new converged infrastructure.
- Position and sell HPE Helion data centre and cloud solutions based on the business value the proposed solutions will deliver.
More importantly, you’ll have an important role in determining and implementing the direction of your organization. In other words, you will most likely play a very influential role and be in the limelight on a regular basis. Obviously this will lead to a higher salary and more career opportunities.
These should be enough reasons why various enterprises prefer candidates with this certification and why you should seriously consider it.
How to Get Certified in the HP ASE – Data Center and Cloud Architect V1 Exam?
This certification is intended for those who are Hewlett-Packard Enterprise (HPE) partners or who are employees or customer technical integration professionals with approximately 10 years of experience in enterprise-level infrastructure design. Also, this is ideal for those who are already HPE certified at the ASE or Master ASE level.
Certified individuals are likely to fill enterprise roles as a Principle Technology Consultant, and/or IT Architect, or Enterprise Architect.
Steps to Obtain the HP Master ASE – Data Center and Cloud Architect Certification
- Sign in to the source of HPE certification and training, namely the Learning Centre. Once you create an account you can easily access the various certifications, trainings, courses, exam links, and so forth.
- You will also receive an HPE Learner ID that will allow you access to the Learning Centre.
- Your profile will be on file with Pearson VUE, the certification exam vendor for this certification.
- You need to provide a professional reference whom HPE can contact to verify that you have the requisite experience scoping and designing cloud solutions and data centers. Your reference cannot be a relative or a subordinate who reports to you in your organization.
- Payment of a non-refundable deposit of approximately ₹13,400 ($200 U.S.).
- HP will send you a “Candidate Acceptance Packet” that explains all the related information to participate in the certification and to fulfil the relevant requirements.
- Begin preparing for the exam “HP0-D32: Architecting Data Center and Cloud Solutions” and/or for “HP0-D31: Designing Data Center and Cloud Solutions.” To assist you in your exam preparations, you can undergo the three-day training course entitled “Designing HP Data Center and Cloud Solutions.” The training course is highly recommended, as it covers the basic course concepts with relevant examples. Completion of the course will ensure you are well prepared for the exam.
- Strong management-level presentation skills, business skills and IT technology skills
- Significant exposure to design of data centres
- Sound knowledge related to the HPE converged infrastructure and any related technologies, such as OneView and Smart Grid
- Exposure to business value tools, such as HP Power Advisor, Simple Configurator or Sales Builder for Windows
- Presales experience in cloud computing environments, data centres or both
Your ultimate objective should not be to just pass the exam. Instead, you should make full use of the training to clear all doubts you might have related to the real-life implementation of the associated concepts. Doing so will augur well for you in the long run.
I hope that the information shared above about one of the top HP certifications proves useful to you. If you have any questions or comments, feel free to leave them below and thanks for reading!